21 April 2007

Lt Cmdr Kevin J Davis of Blue Angels #6 Passes...


Navy Blue Angels 32-year-old Lt. Cmdr. Kevin Davis was killed Saturday when the F/A-18 Hornet jet he was flying crashed. He joined the Blue Angels in September 2005, had been on the team for two years and this was his first year as a demonstration pilot. Kevin Davis was single, the youngest of three sons.

rest in peace, Hero... Thanks for your service... now you truly have your wings.
*hugs*
Miss B


F-18 Blue Angel #6 crashes in Beaufort SC during an air show at the Marine Corps Air Station. The pilot did not survive. My heart goes out to his family, the US Navy, and those who were hurt in the wreckage as he crashed into a neighborhood of homes and trailers. Crews are still working to determine the cause of the crash amongst massive amounts of wreckage.

Picture courtesy of AP News

The Blue Angels are in their 61st year, have had 232 pilots over the years and have been a favorite at air shows...

The original Blue Angels 1946 in front of an F6F Hellcat, courtesy of the Museum of Naval Aviation.


Read the full story here...


Tater, I'm so very sad. I love the Blue Angels. I remember seeing them on tv, but have never seen them live. I think I'll add that to my list.


I'm going to go cry now...


*hugs*
Miss B

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can submit your blog to the Blogger blogs-by-topic directory at blogsbytopic.blogspot.com. just follow the instructions on top of the page there.

Miss B said...

thanks Brooklyn... :)

*hugs*
Miss B

Anonymous said...

Yeah, hate to see a bro go down. Happens occasionally, and it always sucks. Have buried a few of my classmates over the years from crashes, both in combat and in training, it's never easy and always painful.

But we all knew the risk when we pinned on our wings--there are far worse ways to die.

God rest his soul.

Tater

Miss B said...

I can't even imagine, Tater...

And so young...

of course, how many people get to go doing exactly what they love? guess he found that silver lining...

peace my friend