24 January 2007

And yet our Heroes fight to protect the rights of ALL Americans...

All nationalities, all creeds, all colors, all levels of stupidity. I've just finished blogging on my other page about the crass, tactless, sad attempt at humor regarding Viet Nam Veterans. (See LA Times Paul Whitefield Jan 21, 2007 - Apocalypse again -- call up the Vietnam vets.)
I'm now so wound up I'm ready to take on anyone! I have a warped sense of humor, I admit it. I find humor in a lot of things. Hero-bashing, I do not. It was not always this way. In high school in the late 80's we made jokes about Viet Nam. We were ignorant, under-educated children who had no clue. I am SO glad God gave me the grace to find the errors of my ways. To any Hero I may have ever offended who has given me my freedom, I deeply and humbly apologize. May you find it in your heart to forgive a naive child. I think all of you are the best and I am truly honored to have so many friends, family and acquaintances serving in our Military.
The only things I think about Heroes now are that I know my life is better for having them and may God watch over and protect them as they continue their duties. And NOBODY better say anything bad about them where I can hear it...

No comments: