11 November 2006

It's that time of year again...

I'm haaapppy, so haaaapppyy! :) Halloween is over, the air is colder, I made my first batch of homemade chili (yummy!) and I'm going through all my boxes of... da da daaaaa: CHRISTMAS STUFF!!!

My friends know (and still shake their heads over it) that I would put my Christmas tree up after Labor Day and not take it down til after Easter. :) I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! We don't have a lot in the way of gifts, but the traditions are great.

We'll have a small get-together on Christmas with just me and the kids (and of course Fifth-Wheel) and have a nice dinner, play games, hang out around the tree drinking hot chocolate and just talking. After they go to bed, I'll have a glass of wine, look at the lights on my tree (no, it doesn't make me think of a taffy machine) and just think about where this year has brought me. I also ponder what the next year may bring. We still do the cookies for Santa (he does TOO) and always have stockings. My kids tell me "Mom, we don't have to get a lot of stuff, as long as we can be together." *tissue moment here, pardon me.*
They're the best! I think I'm enjoying this year the most with them. They're starting to become "little-big" people. I know it won't be long before they won't be here all the time (ok... little happy dance there) and I am enjoying watching them become adults. (Do we ever see them as more than "kids"?)

*sigh* I'm having one of those happy-sad moments... :)

No comments: