24 June 2007

The 10 Commandments of Driving...

As put forth by the Pope this past week. Being the (not so) good Catholic girl *wink* that I am, I thought I would share my thoughts and interpretations of this great doctrine.

The “Drivers’ Ten Commandments,” as listed by the document, are:

1. You shall not kill. (No, you cannot run that asshole off the road.)

2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm. (No more fighting on the side of the road or in truck stops.)

3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events. (Play nice.)

4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents. (And most especially, those involved in accidents in which YOU were to blame.)

5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin. (No racing, bullying, or fucking in cars. What am I gonna do now? Jeez, might as well turn in my keys.)

6. Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so. (Don't we have MADD and SADD? You've seen some of these "young and not so young," )

7. Support the families of accident victims. (Again, if you are the cause, you need to help.)

8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness. (I know, how about a rousing game of scrabble, or rock 'em sock 'em?)

9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party. (I'm thinking the more vulnerable party needs to get the hell out of the way.)

10. Feel responsible toward others. (Nothing a little co-dependence can't cure!)

Yes, I know...

Our Father X 25
Hail Mary X 20
*grabbing rosary*

;)
miss b

No comments: