22 May 2007

Kid Psychology for Tired Parents...

Tough Love vs. Spanking
~(a psychological conundrum)

Most of America's populace think it improper to spank children, so some have tried other methods to control their kids when they have one of "those moments."

One that has been found effective is to just take the child for a car ride and talk. They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after the car ride together with their parents.

I've included a photo below of one of the sessions with a son, in case you would like to use the technique....


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Very effective... ;)
*hugs*
Miss B


2 comments:

Wien. said...

Too funny, as I'm reading your message in a serious frame of mind (for some odd reason), my shoulders start to tense, jaw starts to set with flashbacks of being a captive audience to my son's temper tantrums. I can see him now in the reflection of the rear view mirror, strapped into his carseat, sreaming at the top of his lungs. He's trying his damnest to kick the back of my seat with his miniature red Converse hi-tops. Because this happens quite often in the car, the pediatrician suggested that I try startle the tantrum out of him with fresh air, so I roll down the windows then turn up the radio in attempt to startle and drown him out. "I'M SMUFF-ICATING!" ie suffocating. (He had a big vocabulary for a 2 year old. It should have been a sign of the future) So as I'm reading your message, all tensed up I scroll down and see that charming child holding on for dear life to the windshield wipers, robo-cop reading 99mph....MMHHHUUUAAAA! Insert the evilest laugh a mother can blurt out of her mouth right here. Where was this photo 18 years ago when I could have flashed it at him, Oh yeah, wanna try that again mister? Too funny! Thank you very much for starting my day out juuust right!
You're the best!

Miss B said...

lol... oh let me tell ya... my oldest child was the spawn of Satan when she was a toddler. i have pictures of her literally frothing at the mouth while throwing temper tantrums. there i was, single parent, no help, no idea how to manage a GOOD child, let alone this one... how she lived, i'll never know... ;)

today, she is the lovely girl you see pictured in the prom dress, with a heart of gold and well on her way to success... yours will come around... eventually he'll have kids of his own and find out dad really was a prick... :)

*hugs*
miss b