13 December 2006

The best of things in the middle of a storm ...

Posted by one of the Soldiers' Angels on our Forum... As we're sitting around talking with friends and family, no cares or worries in the world, how would you answer that question? Thank you, Echo17.

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:59 pm Post subject: The best of things in the middle of a storm (TISSUE ALERT)

My Official has a hilarious picture of him and his friend from halloween. It's amazing how they find the time to make the best of every situation as best as possible, some breakdown in tears and I totally understand why and others try to hide it by smiles and laughter. I don't know if I could ever hide it but they're a joy to write to and they crack me up everytime. But what really hit me like a ton of bricks was when this one soldier was being interviewed on Thanksgiving and the interviewer asked the guy what was the hardest part about being in Iraq on Thanksgiving and the guy dropped his fork as he was gazing at his plate and tears rolled down his eyes and he said, "having to witness his best friend's death".

No comments: